Monday, November 28, 2011

Presidental Issue: Abortion

Abortion will always be very strong topic which will have different views on it. You have people who are "pro-choice" and others that are "pro-life" and that is prefectly fine. President Obama said,
"I am pro-choice. I believe in Roe v. Wade..." and Mitt Romney said, "... I’m pro-life. And I’m proud of that, and I won’t apologize to anybody for becoming pro-life." This shows two people with two different views on abortion.

President Obama stated, "This is a difficult moral issue. And one of the things that I believe is that to pretend that it's not a moral issue is a mistake. I think that people wrestle with this issue deeply. My belief is simply that women are in the best position to make that very difficult moral decision ..."(Obama). What President Obama basically said was it is a moral problem but it's not something other people should decide for another person. Its a decision that the woman has to make. "I don't know anyone who is 'Pro-abortion'...but woman should make that choice ..."(Obama).He's saying no one believes in abortion but they do believe that there should opposition. It maybe the hardest choice the woman may have to make but its no one else business. Mitt Romney said, "I’ve always been personally pro-life, but for me, it was a great question about whether or not government should intrude in that decision. And when I ran for office, I said I’d protect the law as it was, which is effectively a pro-choice position." This is while he was governor of  Massahcusetts. Mitt Romney still believes that the government should not have a say whether or not if abortions law should be turned over.

I agree with President Obama, even though it maybe immoral it still something someone should be able to choose. No one knows the situation which the woman is in. The woman may have be raped or just isn't fit to rise a child. Its just something she can only change by having an abortion. It will be a hard decision she has to make but no one should judge her or have a problem with the choice she made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment